RhapsodyFinance Ltd (“RFL”). As the data collector, RFL (“we” “us” “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.rhapsodyfinance.com(“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Please note that by clicking the “Connect with Facebook” button you are agreeing that Facebook may share personal data held by them with us. The collection and processing of your personal data is in accordance with the National Information Technology Development Agency Act 2007 (the “Act”), Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 (the “Regulations”) and the provisions and prescriptions of Section 5; Part 1 and Part 2 of National Information Systems and Network Security Standards and Guidelines
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1 . Information you give to us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.rhapsodyfinance.com and by allowing us to access your information on social media sites (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, apply for a loan, search for a feature (for example but not limited to, loan amounts, currency, loan duration), your activity levels on boards or other social media functions on the applicable social media sites, the applications you use on social media sites, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, login information for social networking sites, financial and credit card information, personal description, current and former places of employment, education, names of colleagues, contacts and friends, photographs, and lists of family members.
2 . Information we collect about you:
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
i. Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
ii. Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.;
iii. Anonymized repayment data.
3 . Information we receive from others:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, the other services we provide and/or the social media sites which you login to via our site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, social media sites, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit bureaus, and financial services and credit providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1 . Information you give us:
We will use this information:
1. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
2. to establish a credit rating based on your information and provide that rating to third parties who may be interested in offering you financial products and services and this information is provided only to third parties selected by you or where you have agreed that we may share your score and information with;
3. to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; anonymized repayment data.
4. subject to the marketing preferences you have selected on our website, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a product or service which you were previously interested in. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
5. to notify you about changes to our service;
6. to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
2 . Information we collect about you:
We will use this information:
1. We collect this information to establish a credit rating based on your information and provide that rating to third parties who may be interested in offering you financial products and services;
2. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. We may carry out a further processing of your data for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
3 . Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect location data which allows us to determine your precise or approximate location. This information is collected during the loan application process, and we use this data to enhance our credit risk and underwriting framework, as well as to prevent fraud.
We also collect the following information saved on your smartphone:
– installed applications
– browser history
We collect this information through your mobile device operating system, by requesting your express consent to your device’s permissions on the App. The collection of this information may take place in the background even when you aren’t using our service, if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
i. Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
ii. Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 300 women aged under 35 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to
iii. Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site. We may disclose your personal information to third parties: a) In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. b) If RFL or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate, in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Any such information transferred to other countries shall be in compliance with the Act and the Regulations.
By ticking the “I agree to the Terms and Conditions”, which you hereby adopt as your electronic signature, you consent and agree that:
1. We can provide materials and other information about your legal rights and duties to you electronically.
2. We are authorised to share, receive and use data/information collected from your transaction with other affiliated third parties including but not limited to switching companies, mobile network operators, electricity companies, aggregators, credit bureaus, other financial institutions, e-commerce platforms etc.
3. We are authorized to automatically subscribe users to newsletter list once they sign up on our app.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is stored on our secure servers using Digital ocean. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawful processing of data which we have obtained based on your previous consent. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for the aforementioned purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via email at [email protected]. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Limitation of liability
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy.